I’ve decided to start a Travel Bucket List because I keep getting flooded with pictures and articles of really cool places that I would like to go and really cool things that I’d like to do and I want to make sure I remember them all. Some of them are country-specific, some of them are task-specific, some of them are both. Some of them I’ve already done, just so I have the immediate pleasure of crossing them off the list.
I do what I want.
I plan on putting them in a separate tab for quick referencing, and crossing them off as I go. And adding things to it as I see fit.
Because I’m in charge here.
So. Here it goes.
- See Britney Spears in Vegas
- Take a cruise along the border of Croatia
- Visit all 7 continents
- Visit all 50 states (Umm, I’m only at 15…embarrassing.)
- Taj Mahal– I’m pretty paranoid they’re going to close it off to visitors soon
- Get SCUBA certified–Belize??
Go on a safari(Namibia/South Africa May 2010)
- Learn how to surf
- Learn how to fly a plane
Skydive(Swakopmund, Nambia May 2010)
- Skydive over Everest–apparently this is a thing.
- Machu Picchu
- Hot air ballooning in Cappadocia, Turkey
- Angkor Wat
- Ride a camel
- Ride an elephant
- Road trip across America
- Bungee jump in Victoria Falls
- Don’t get eaten by Komodo dragons on Komodo Island
Zip-line(Costa Rica, February 2010)
- Galapagos Islands
- See the Northern Lights–which apparently I missed in Iowa recently. Boo.
- Live abroad for more than a month
- Float in the Dead Sea
White water raft(Ocoee River, Tennessee, July 4, 2013)
- Easter Island
- Washington D.C.–I’ve already been, but I want to go again
- Italy–can’t even narrow it down from there
- Snorkel Silfra in Iceland
- Great Pyramids of Egypt
- Go to the top of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (for drinks)
- Thailand–all of it practically
- New Orleans–not sure if I’m cool enough for Mardi Gras, but maybe
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Orlando WHAT.
- Skinny Dipping
- Crash a wedding
- Swim in a pink lake
- Visit an active volcano- Vanuatu?
- VOLCANO BOARDING IN NICARAGUA
Climb a mountain(Tepozteco–Tepoztlan, Mexico, May 2007) It counts.
- Climb a real mountain, preferably Kilimanjaro
- Volunteer or work abroad
Have my palm read(Cuernavaca, Mexico, May 2007)
- Travel somewhere solo
- Go everywhere Mary Kate and Ashley went in their movies
- Kiss the Blarney Stone in Ireland
- Amsterdam for flowers and marijuana
- Swim with some kind of animal, dolphin, sting ray, or whatever
- Cage swimming with great white sharks
- Get tattooed by a Buddhist monk
There are probably a bajillion other things I want to do but I have exhausted my mind at the moment.
What are some of your must-sees from ’round the world?? Anything you’re dying to do or see?? TELL ME EVERYTHING. I WANT TO KNOW YOUR LIFE.